observations about the FB integration

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Aug 31 09:18:03 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 04:50:01PM +0200, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> I have some points to raise about the facebook integration.
>
> In the settings it asks me to insert my username and password inside a
> window that looks very much like facebook but might not be, for all I
> know. In this regard I would prefer if there was just a button that
> would open the authentication inside whatever browser is default on my
> system. In this way I would be able to see the URL being used,
> certificates and so on…

It is indeed the Facebook site, shown the way Facebook recommends that
applications do things. The challenge with opening it in a separate
browser window is getting back the token into Subsurface. Not impossible,
but not something anyone has undertaken.

> Another point is about asking which album to use. I suppose it would
> be better to create one or list the existing albums. Inserting the
> name by hand is terrible.

Agreed. Given almost no users, I think we have stopped really investing
there. Latest stats say we average about two users a day :-(

> And to end, the share button… it has no reason of being next to the
> notes and removing space from the text box.

Where do you think would be a good place for it?