Subsurface-mobile use

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Dec 3 09:16:03 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 04:25:56PM +0000, John Smith wrote:

> I have found only two small niggles recently. First is that in the comments section it looks like its not dealing with HTML(?) Properly as there are <br> instead of line breaks.

Yes, I saw that, too.

> The other is that if you scroll down your dive list, the drawer icon dissappears. The fix is to scroll up a little.

I believe this is intentional. It doesn't bother me but I'm curious about
the rationale behind the behavior.

> Other than that I haven't found any major errors in the ui in the latest build.

That's good to hear. I still struggle with the Profile often being not
quite right, depending on your device and screen resolution. And looking
through the server logs it's quite clear that not enough people have
tested this which really worries me. I'm just worried that there are more
corner cases that we don't handle correctly that could have negative
impact. So far the worst case was an incorrect commit to the cloud
storage; annying, but easy enough to fix. But I worry what else people
will find once we open this up to broader use (i.e., release a beta).

> Out of interest, when do you think you might get Editting and downloading working?

The main QML UI developer right now is Sebastian and he is working on
several other projects as well, so his contributions tend to come in
chunks of "a few hours on a random day". I'm thrilled and excited that
he's working on this - but we really need more people to wrap their mind
around QML and contribute. I keep trying to encourage people to do so but
haven't seen a lot of results so far...