Fwd: Re: mobile ui

David Tillotson david at acmelabs.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 13:19:56 PST 2015

On 3 December 2015 20:40:10 GMT+00:00, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> I get the same problem on my Galaxy S6. Android version 5.1.1 (and no
>>doubt Samsungified).
>
>That's even more odd. Maybe it's an issue with Samsung flavors of
>Android?
>I need to check which Android versions I still have on older devices.
>My
>main Android devices are on 6.0 now...
>
>The biggest issue is that I wouldn't even know how to debug this!
>
>/D

This isn't something I see on my Note 4 running 5.1.1. I still have a couple of older devices that I'll try it on once they've charged, and report back.

A couple of things I have found:
1) The profile scaling seems to get confused if I switch between portrait and landscape. The vertical size of the plot stays at the same scale as the first one drawn.
2) The Notes area is around 1.2 lines high, so isn't exactly readable, although it does scroll when dragged.
3) The set if fields shown needs either increasing, or be settable. For me the weight carried is much more important than the dive master (if that is even applicable).

I also came across an oddity with the location service recently. My phone automatically switched time zone, and it seems that matching fails if the download is done in a different TZ.
--
David Tillotson