Fwd: Re: mobile ui

David Tillotson david at acmelabs.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 13:58:37 PST 2015

On 3 December 2015 21:33:48 GMT+00:00, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 09:19:56PM +0000, David Tillotson wrote:
>>
>> This isn't something I see on my Note 4 running 5.1.1. I still have a
>couple of older devices that I'll try it on once they've charged, and
>report back.
>
>That would be wonderful. We definitely need to test this on more
>devices

Already replied for the Note 2. I might try on some even older HTC devices if I can find them...

>> 3) The set if fields shown needs either increasing, or be settable.
>For me the weight carried is much more important than the dive master
>(if that is even applicable).
>
>Can you make specific suggestions which fields need to be available?

I would certainly add the weight, along with cylinder size(s). As all the fields are in the data, can we add a field selector to the prefs? I would try, but my C coding skills don't even meet the "novice" grade.

>> I also came across an oddity with the location service recently. My
>phone automatically switched time zone, and it seems that matching
>fails if the download is done in a different TZ.
>
>I'd love to know more about this. Our TZ handling is tricky... to say
>the
>least (because we try very hard NOT to handle time zones as all our
>times
>are in "local time wherever you are" - but if Android insists on being
>smarter than us, this could cause problems).

My most recent dives were in Sharm el Sheikh (before the holiday was cut short), so was in GMT+2. I downloaded once I got home (GMT), and the locations weren't matched. The log data is from a Sensus, so timezones are an alien concept there (it just tracks seconds since the data was logged).
I really should try a new log file downloading with the "correct" TZ, to check if that is the issue.

--
David Tillotson