Cloud download to Android

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Dec 6 11:16:42 PST 2015

On 06/12/2015 15:21, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> 2) In Preferences->Network, I set Sync to cloud in background to OFF.
> Why? All this means is that now Subsurface no longer syncs the remote
> repository at save time.

My impression was that this means that if the cloud storage is the
default dive log, it will only sync at save time. It will not try
anything in the background that I cannot directly see and control. Is
this view erroneous?
> I somehow doubt this because your git repo was broken. For some reason
> Subsurface hadn't updated your branch ref to point to the latest
> commit. Something I need to investigate once I'm actually awake.
> I'm 99.9% certain that this was because of the issue mentioned above.
> I manually fixed the repo on the server and am guessing that a download
> from Android will work now.
Yes, it works well. Thank you SO much for this. A question about the
interaction between the git repository and Android. If one selects Save
Changes on Android, does it update the remote repository as well? It
would be counterproductive not to?

> /D
>
> PS: going back to bed...

My greatest apology.