Subsurface mobile and the GPS service

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Dec 7 05:56:05 PST 2015

On Saturday, December 05, 2015 06:23:39 AM Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > 1) When I activate Subsurface-mobile I get the screen on the left of the
> > attached image. The button at the bottom allows me to drag the screen to
> > the right, bringing up the middle screen in the attached image. Notice
> > that the options in the left hand screen are more or less duplicated in
> > the middle screen. As far as I can see, upon starting Subsurface-mobile,
> > the program should bring up the middle screen. If dives have not been
> > loaded (see top part of screen on left) this info should be shown when
> > one chooses the "View Log" option on the main menu.
>
> Careful - "Viel log" actually shows the log file, not the dive list...
> But you bring up an interesting point - maybe we should just start with
> the drawer (that the name for the menu that comes in from the left and is
> shown in your second picture) open. Sebastian, is that reasonable?

Hm, not so sure about this. These things are on entirely different levels of
the app, and it feels wrong to mingle them.

See the startpage as exactly that: it's not a navigational aid, but it should
make subsurface more first-use friendly by leading to the next steps. After
that, it's basically never going to be shown again.

Am I making sense?
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org