editing a dive in Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 7 22:34:07 PST 2015

I have a semi-working most definitely incorrect implementation.
I checked it into master anyway because that seems like the best way to
get someone who actually knows what they are doing to look at it and fix
it :-)

Here's how you can try it. Tap on a dive in the dive list. Then slide the
control button to the left to open the context drawer and tap on edit.

Now you can edit all of the fields, but so far only suit, buddy and dive
master are handled. After your last edit make sure you tap on a different
input field (because I almost certainly use the wrong way to extract the
changes from the page -- for the same reason you can't edit the notes,
either), otherwise the last change you made will be ignored.

Now slide the control button to the left again and pick View (yeah, that's
a horrible user interaction, I know). And the changes are updated in the
dive detail view. And they stay updated even if you switch between dives
in the dive list. And if you tap on Upload to cloud in the left drawer the
change you made will even be written back to the cloud.

As I said, this implementation is crap. But it provides the infrastructure
needed to make editing work once Sebastian or someone else shows me how to
ACTUALLY extract the data out of the edited fields (and once we have a
better way to indicate "I'm done editing". I'm thinking this simply needs
a Save button...