editing a dive in Subsurface-mobile

David Tillotson david at acmelabs.co.uk
Mon Dec 7 22:57:07 PST 2015

On 8 December 2015 06:34:07 GMT+00:00, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>I have a semi-working most definitely incorrect implementation.
>I checked it into master anyway because that seems like the best way to
>get someone who actually knows what they are doing to look at it and
>fix
>it :-)
>
>Here's how you can try it. Tap on a dive in the dive list. Then slide
>the
>control button to the left to open the context drawer and tap on edit.
>
>Now you can edit all of the fields, but so far only suit, buddy and
>dive
>master are handled. After your last edit make sure you tap on a
>different
>input field (because I almost certainly use the wrong way to extract
>the
>changes from the page -- for the same reason you can't edit the notes,
>either), otherwise the last change you made will be ignored.
>
>Now slide the control button to the left again and pick View (yeah,
>that's
>a horrible user interaction, I know). And the changes are updated in
>the
>dive detail view. And they stay updated even if you switch between
>dives
>in the dive list. And if you tap on Upload to cloud in the left drawer
>the
>change you made will even be written back to the cloud.
>
>As I said, this implementation is crap. But it provides the
>infrastructure
>needed to make editing work once Sebastian or someone else shows me how
>ACTUALLY extract the data out of the edited fields (and once we have a
>better way to indicate "I'm done editing". I'm thinking this simply
>needs
>a Save button...
>
>/D

Just did a quick test (without updating the git store) and the edit function works here. The left slide in menu is a little on the thin side - at first I didn't notice the text next to the edit icon.
The profile scaling on rotation seems to work now, and thanks for updating the fields :)
One issue I have found is that if you rotate the phone after going into edit mode, it gets stuck with the left slide menu overlay (incorrectly positioned) as shown in the attached.
--
David Tillotson