TTS vs. end of dive

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Dec 8 11:05:44 PST 2015

On 07 December, 2015 - Miika Turkia wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> it seems that the calculated TTS does not correlate with the time it
> takes to surface from a dive. I have planned a simple dive with
> following parameters:
> - drop to first depth
> - EAN31
> - duration 20 min
> - depth 40m
> - Bühlman algorithm
> * TTS is shown at the end of bottom time as 15/16 minutes, however
> surface is reached in 10 and half minutes as shown in the attached
> screenshot.
>
> VPM-B seems to behave similarly, but the TTS and actual ascent are
> closer to each other with my test dive (as ascent is slower with
> VPM-B).

The accent speed is different in the tts code. Its 12 m/min to the first
deco stop and 1 m/min between stops. Thats probably the biggest source
of the discrepancy.

If you match up your ascent_mm_per_step and ascent_mm_per_deco_step with
your planer prefs it will probably match up way better.

Its also only re-calculated every 30 seconds.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604