Rounding up/down of maximum depths and other variables.

Robert Helling robert at euve10195.vserver.de
Tue Dec 8 12:58:55 PST 2015

Hi,

> On 08.12.2015, at 16:28, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> It's a reflection of what most (?) people use the temperature value for: figure out what thermal protection to wear. It's also a left over from what older dive computers used to do: they stored just one temperature value for a dive and that was the lowest temperature measured (for many) or the temperature at the deepest spot (for some).

one could also add that may temperature sensors are very slow so it takes them several minutes to pick up the correct reading (if it is quite different from what it was before like the air temperature). So if the dive time is of the order of the time constant of that thermometer, the lowest reading is likely the most accurate.

Just my $.02
Robert

PS: I am writing this from my brand new MBP. I am still downloading Qt and then will give subsurface-mobile a fresh try.