Never-ending story: Mac and mobile

Robert Helling robert at euve10195.vserver.de
Wed Dec 9 03:16:58 PST 2015

Hi,

I wanted to report my experiences trying to build subsurface (-mobile) on my new Mac. Yesterday, I got this new Macbook Pro fresh from Apple and I had hoped that not carrying around old versions of stuff, I might be able to finally build the mobile version (as Dirk does without problems). Spoiler alert: I did not.

So, before installing anything else, I got Xcode, cloned latest master, installed home-brew as in the INSTALL instructions, downloaded the latest Qt (takes forever). And then ran the build.sh script. I ran into the following problems:

1) It complained that it couldn’t find libssh2 (so I installed it from home-brew, maybe that should be listed in the install instructions as well).

2) When building marble, it complained about not being able to find some Qt components. So I had to set some path variables to ~/Qt/5.5/clang_64/lib/cmake/XXX (XXX being various stuff, too bad I closed that shell so cannot see the details anymore) But then it built.

3) The resulting binary complains

dhcp-10-181-1-30:build Helling$ Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/lib/libssrfmarblewidget.21.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/Helling/src/subsurface/build/Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

I have no idea what to do about this. But when I disable marble using ccmake, I get a binary that works (but of course does not show a map).

4) That was the desktop. But the real goal is the mobile version. So I turn it on in ccmake and… I can build a binary but it gives me the same error messages as on my other Macs:

…

And now comes the real surprise: I got the same error before. But to compose this mail, I switched back to desktop and then to mobile and built again. And now it works. I have the mobile version running! Yippee! But I have no idea what changed to before. Heisenbug.

Best
Robert