warning: cmake changes

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 12:19:40 PST 2015

On 16 December 2015 at 20:30, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> master has most likely just been broken for you.
>
> That is intentional. It's been super quiet here so I figured I'd mix
> things up.
>
> Ok, that's not entirely true. It's much more that we needed to untangle
> the cmake files a bit more and this is the current status which seems to
> be mostly working but needs a lot more testing and almost certainly a few
> more fixes.
>
> But instead of keeping this in private branches I wanted to get this out
> so more people get exposed to it.
>
> So if you feel brave, give it a spin :-)

i spent 30 minutes trying to make it work but i gave up.

scripts/gen-version.sh is not being found:

it works if the following in cmake/Modules/version.cmake:
- COMMAND sh scripts/get-version ${VER_OS}
+ COMMAND sh ../scripts/get-version ${VER_OS}
- COMMAND sh scripts/get-version linux
+ COMMAND sh ../scripts/get-version linux
- COMMAND sh scripts/get-version full
+ COMMAND sh ../scripts/get-version full
<similar pathing bellow>

but then desktop-widgets\updatemanager.cpp doesn't seem to find
subsurface-core/version.h (e.g. subsurface_get_version())

is it me or cmake has turned the project build setup into a
complicated bloat-mess?

lubomir