Maximize button missing

Sape Sikkema s.sikkema at telfort.nl
Sat Dec 19 07:54:00 PST 2015

Dear Subsurface developers,

On my Acer Aspire One ZG5 running Linuxmint 17.3 and Subsurface 4.5.3,
the maximize button on the top edge is missing. Also in the right mouse
click menu, Maximize is greyed out. I can change the width, but not the
height. As a result, using Subsurface is far from convenient. See
attached image.

All other applications on this netbook don't have this problem, neither
have Subsurface 4.5.3 installs on my other desktops and laptop (all
using Linuxmint 17.3) this problem. The problem also exists in
Linuxmint 17.1 & 17.2 and the previous Subsurface versions. This week's
updates did not solve anything.

I already did "apt-get purge subsurface" and "apt-get install
subsurface" again. I had hoped that if a config file was the problem, I
could have a fresh start. On the contrary, the problem persists while
Subsurface still remembered the preferences. Running subsurface from
terminal did not show any messages that could help.

Can please help?

Sape