Maximize button missing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Dec 19 08:14:59 PST 2015

> On Dec 19, 2015, at 7:54 AM, Sape Sikkema <s.sikkema at telfort.nl> wrote:
>
> Dear Subsurface developers,
>
> On my Acer Aspire One ZG5 running Linuxmint 17.3 and Subsurface 4.5.3, the maximize button on the top edge is missing. Also in the right mouse click menu, Maximize is greyed out. I can change the width, but not the height. As a result, using Subsurface is far from convenient. See attached image.

I have not the slightest idea what would cause this - especially since this is the first such report that I've seen.

> All other applications on this netbook don't have this problem, neither have Subsurface 4.5.3 installs on my other desktops and laptop (all using Linuxmint 17.3) this problem. The problem also exists in  Linuxmint 17.1 & 17.2 and the previous Subsurface versions. This week's updates did not solve anything.

So it sounds like it is something about this laptop. What's the screen resolution?

> I already did "apt-get purge subsurface" and "apt-get install subsurface" again. I had hoped that if a config file was the problem, I could have a fresh start. On the contrary, the problem persists while Subsurface still remembered the preferences. Running subsurface from terminal did not show any messages that could help.

Could you try running the AppImage?

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/Subsurface-4.5.3-x86_64.AppImage <http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/Subsurface-4.5.3-x86_64.AppImage>

Just download the file, make it executable (chmod +x ~/Downloads/Subsurface-4.5.3-x86_64.AppImage) and then run the file