Mobile app: crash on GPS-tag dives

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Dec 19 21:38:36 PST 2015

> On Dec 19, 2015, at 4:16 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3
>
> On subsurface-mobile select "GPS-tag dives" (previous locations having been uploaded to server using subsurface-mobile).
>
> When I run adb logcat -s Subsurface:V I get a similar out put to Rick, suggesting an invalid font size???? No other error messges.
>
> When I do adb logcat there is a long log. Here is part of the log at what appears to be the first exception in the log:
>
> I/InputReader( 2355): Touch event's action is 0x1 (deviceType=0) [pCnt=1, s=] when=1123727013000
> I/InputDispatcher( 2355): Delivering touch to: action: 0x1
> F/libc    (10506): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000008 (code=1), thread 10536 (edivelog.mobile)

I wasn't able to make any sense out of the crash report. But I just uploaded new daily binaries for Android. And they have an option to enable 'verbose' mode (under the Debug menu). And with this we should get a lot more info on the logcat that hopefully will show us what blows up and maybe even why.

Thanks