Problem with first build on ubuntu 14.04

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Dec 22 16:01:22 PST 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Daniel Carlson <dancarl758 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi. New to subsurface and I followed the guide at this link
> https://subsurface-divelog.org/building/ to compile and run the code.
>
> Problem:
> - I successfully built and compiled the code but when I try to run the
> code like this:
> $ ./subsurface as shown on the guide,
>  I get this error: No such file or directory. I have tried going through
> the whole source directory and have found nothing to help.

uh?
if you managed to compile successfully subsurface, an executable will be
created on the folder of the compilation.

can you show the log of the compilation?
are you sure you are on the build directory?

try to run find . -name subsurface and see if the executable was generated
on some other folder.