Alpha testing Android apk

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Dec 27 04:03:28 PST 2015

On 26/12/2015 23:46, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> On Dec 26, 2015, at 12:09 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> - While typing in cloud credentials, the password is shown, no matter
On 5.2.498 this happens to me as well. The pw text appears in the text
box regardless of setting below when one
hits the SAVE button, all the pw characters are changed to dots.
>> - Download of dive log started only on my second time saving the cloud
>> credentials. Since the download did not begin initially, I checked the
>> credentials were correct and saved again.
I can confirm this. My experience was that after specifying the cloud
credentials,
Subsurface-mobile did not continue to load the cloud data. I needed to kill
the program first. When restarted, it loaded the dive list. BUT: IN MY CASE
I suspect it is slow Internet speed and it cannot load the dives because
it cannot make the Internet connection. I have lately installed ssrf-mobile
repeatedly to reproduce the earlier problems, but at the moment the ISP
is reasonably fast and it loads the dives every time. I will continue to
check
this out.

>> - Margins on profile (when on landscape or portrait mode) are a bit
>> off, missing parts of the texts on the edges (see screenshot)
In portrait view, the left and bottom margins are clipped, obscuring
depth values on
Y-axis and dive computer name below X-axis. In landsape view the profile is
more or less perfect except for the dive computer name that is still
clipped.
>> - When switching to portrait mode, the screen is left split between
>> divelist and profile.
Confirm. For me it creates bad user experience.

> Hmm, yeah, I just noticed that. You can fix this by horizontal scrolling,
> but I'm sure we can make this look better in the app.
>
>> - The title bar should probably read Subsurface-mobile. When returning
>> to the app this is the text that is shown while selecting the app, but
>> when the app is actually running, the title bar reads Subsurface.
> Good catch. I'll figure out where that is displayed and change it.
>
>> - Disable verbose (for adb logcat) could use a check box instead of
>> changing the disable/enable text
> Umm, err, yes. I tried that. And for the life of me couldn't get it to
> work. I was going to ask Sebastian about that...
>
>> - A notification/alert if GPS is turned off should be shown when one
>> enables location service
After saving the GPS positions, please show a notification, something like
"14 GPS positions uploaded", even only min application log.

After GPS-tagging dives, please show notifications, something like
"4 dives GPS-tagged", even only in application log.

If a dive has a GPS location, would it be possible to print this info on
the profile panel just after the date/time (even just in the interim)??
This will help tremendously in seeing when GPS-tagging has worked.
The current underlining of the dive site name is helpful but not definitive.

I have not managed to GPS-tag my new dives yet, but I am struggling to
get hold of an Android version later than 4.3. I continue to try...

Currently I do not have any dive site names for the dives that need
to be GPS-tagged. The text box is empty. In the Companion app,
the dive site name is supplied by the location server. I assume the
same approach applies here, or could this be a source of problems?
>> - Enabling/disabling location service is a bit tricky occasionally.
>> Sometimes the sidebar is just closed on me, sometimes the checkbox
>> status is changed and sidebar is closed, and third option is that just
>> the checkbox is ticked/unticked.
This has been running smoothly for me.

I have not received any notifications. I use the original URL provided via email
in order to re-install (i.e. after manual removal of Subsurface-mobile).

Kind regards,
willem