latest Android build

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 28 08:48:35 PST 2015

> On Dec 27, 2015, at 11:59 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 2:02 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> Good. I still want a splash screen, though. Especially on my older devices it takes a LONG time for the first screen to come up. Way too long for my liking.
>

> I did a bit of experimenting on splash screen, but haven't figured out
> how to copy images to the installation resources. I just haven't
> figured out how the current icon is copied there, nor how I could do
> the same for a splash image with better resolution.

I obviously have not looked into that, but once you remove the "<!--" "-->" comment characters in the AndroidManifest.xml, it should include the resource - and of course in the example given there, the resource is an internal one, so it sits in android-mobile/res/drawable-* (for the different screen resolutions).

Am I babbling nonsense or does this sound about right?