latest Android build

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 28 09:06:14 PST 2015

>>> I did a bit of experimenting on splash screen, but haven't figured out
>>> how to copy images to the installation resources. I just haven't
>>> figured out how the current icon is copied there, nor how I could do
>>> the same for a splash image with better resolution.
>>
>> I obviously have not looked into that, but once you remove the "<!--" "-->" comment characters in the AndroidManifest.xml, it should include the resource - and of course in the example given there, the resource is an internal one, so it sits in android-mobile/res/drawable-* (for the different screen resolutions).
>

> yeah, that was my thinking, but the new image just isn't included. If
> I copy it manually to the resource directory, then everything works,
> but not without manual work. I have also tried to add the new image to
> .qrc files to no avail so far.. I'll keep googling, unless someone who
> knows how this works chimes in (you can keep working on the more
> important stuff).

Odd. Really odd.

I'm working on the visible password problem. I have a phone where I can reproduce this, but the Samsung Galaxy S 3 spews an amount of stuff on the logcat that is mind boggling. And somehow filtering for just Subsurface doesn't work (no idea why - thought that logcat did that, but it works with my Nexus and the same command line doesn't work with the Samsung. :-(

So far I've got nothing. Somehow the setting gets toggled when the user enters the screen, but without toggling the checkbox on screen.