Help with ios and cmake

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Dec 29 05:26:27 PST 2015

Hello hoon,

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

you will need Qt 5.5 for iOS, I don't know if you have it, but you can
download in www.qt.io
we are using Qt because we want to make the app work on iOS and Android,
same codebase.

the git repository is for our project is:
https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface.git

our build script for iOS, that almost works, is in the folder packaging/ios

to test what have we done:

git clone https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface.git
mkdir build-ios

cd build-ios
ln -s /path/to/your/qt/install Qt
../subsurface/packaging/ios/build.sh

a folder named install-root will be created with all compiled libraries and
programs inside it.

the script assume that the build folder is next to the subsurface folder,
not inside.

build.sh will try to set all the iOS related enviroment variables, download
and compile all necessary libraries, then it will try to compile subsurface.

right now it sucessfully manages to build all libraries, but not libgit2 (
checked with lipo -info install-root/lib/libgit2.a , returns 'no platform
information specified' instead of i386 or arm )

Thank you very much for your help,
Tomaz