android -latest

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 30 12:56:01 PST 2015

> On Dec 30, 2015, at 12:29 PM, John Smith <noseygit at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'd just like to say thanks to the developers as Subsurface-mobile is getting better and better on each iteration.
>
> I'm running 5.1 on a Hudl and have no scaling issues on the profiles that I can see. The splash screen makes a great improvement and the overall feel of the app is so much closer to a finished product that it was even a week ago.
>
> A few items I've noticed on version 4.5.2.525
>
> 1. The title on the divelist page is missing a hyphen (ie subsurface mobile not subsurface-mobile).

Good catch. Easy to fix.

> 2. If you make changes to a dive, the changes aren't visible until you go back to the divelist page and then re-open the dive

Yes. I've been wasting my morning trying to address that. I cannot get signals to work. I cannot get cross qml files calls to work. For that matter, I cannot get a stackView.push(page,{},true) to work (which should replace that page instead of duplicating - except that I still only get 'false' as replace parameter in the push function).

In summary, I continue to be absolutely helpless when it comes to QML. Clueless, helpless, frustrated, incapable to get things done.

The longer I try to get anything to work with QML the more I wonder if this was a good choice. The documentation and the actual behavior have nothing in common. There doesn't really appear to be a user community. StackExchange (the source of all knowledge) has no answers to any of the issues around QML.

> 3.I cant enter a depth and time on a manually added dive.

Yep, on my todo list. I just implemented air temp and water temp.

> 4.Sometimes when adding a manual dive, there is information already entered into the boxes and sometimes not.

Hmm - maybe some properties don't get cleared out? I don't know. I have no idea how variable scope works in qml. I have no idea what the life cycle of a page is. I have no clue whatsoever.

I think I need to stop working on this for a while because I am truly utterly frustrated and ready to rip this whole thing out.

> 5.When you are in edit mode on a dive with notes, the <br> characters are visible.

Yep, I see that, too.