Beta 3 and what's missing for 4.4

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 1 07:16:39 PST 2015

I will release Beta 3 today.

My expectation is that this is functionally very similar to what I'll
release as 4.4 hopefully in just a few days.

Willem, could you add a quick chapter about Facebook support? I think
that's the only new thing compared to Beta 2 (plus of course lots of bug
fixes and minor improvements).

That change to the user manual and any further translation work is all
that I think is left to do.

If the people working on the French, Spanish, and Russian translations of
the manual could give me an idea if they could have their updates to me
by, say, next Wednesday, that would be very helpful.

Also, I sent out an email a few days ago but no one responded. I really
think we need an FAQ on the website. Please send any questions (or
questions and answers) that you think a new user might have and that we
should point out there...

Thanks everyone!

/D

PS: to the non-US-Americans... most of the people over here will be
distracted today by the lower-48-states championship game in American
carry egg (that title apparently was too long so it's usually just called
"Superball" - even though no balls are involved). I'm planning to do the
beta today, anyway, as most of our users / testers are outside the US :-)