GSoC 2015

Long, Martin martin at longhome.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 13:14:56 PST 2015

I'd love to see more equipment options, and equipment 'sets'. So stuff like

Male the "suit" field a type of equipment.
Make cylinders and weights follow the same scheme.
Add regs, mask, fins, computer, CCR, BCD, anything goes I guess.

Allow predifined equipment sets to be selected. eg

"Travel" set:
 - Single 15l cylinder
 - Apeks DS4 + XTX40
 - 5kg
 - O'Niel 3:2 suit
 - Mares full foot fins
 - Buddy Pioneer BCD
 - Suunto Viper Air

"UK water"
 - Twin 7l cylinders
 - Apex DS4 + XTX40
 - 12kg
 - NDiver Vortex drysuit
 - Jet fins
 - Buddy Pioneer BCD
 - Suunto Viper Air

Individual items could then be changed on a per-dive basis, but it
would allow quick entry of these details, as well as normalising more
data about the dive.