GSoC 2015

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 1 13:37:08 PST 2015

> On Feb 1, 2015, at 1:31 PM, Long, Martin <martin at longhome.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Better options for print layouts. Even possibility for advance uses to
> edit template files.
>
> I find the options for printing to be quite limited. For example I
> often write a quite long, detailed account, of some of my dives. This
> doesn't come out well in printouts. In all layouts it seems to overlay
> the profile. I'd really like to be able to change the layout to
> display logs in a better way, that works for me.

Yes - that has been an often requested feature. The problem is that it
appears to be really really hard to do. I’ll be happy to add it as a GSoC
idea but I wonder if this is something a student will be successful with.

> OR provide an export that can easily be used by something like Jasper,
> or easily translated into a web page (it currently very difficult to
> do the profile in HTML from the raw data).

We have very good HTML export as a result of the last GSoC. Have
you played with it? Are there features missing from it? If yes, I’m sure
Gehad will be curious to hear what you’d like to see added…

Thanks