Import problems with Cobalt 2 on Fedora 21

Matt Thompson mathomp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 19:36:05 PST 2015

I know this is probably more of a distro specific question but I'm
hoping that someone here has seen this and can point me in the right
direction.

I recently switched to Fedora 21 from Sabayon.  I added my user to the
dialout group as that is the group for /dev/ttyS*.  All of the
/dev/ttyS* devices have permissions 660.  I made sure to log out and
back in and tried to download dives from my Cobalt2 connected to
/dev/ttyS3 and it failed.  I checked the log file and it contains only
1 line:

ERROR: Failed to open the usb device. [in atomics_cobalt.c:114
(atomics_cobalt_device_open)]

If I run Subsurface as root I can successfully download my dives.
Also I can successfully download my dives from my Suunto D4i as my
normal user.

I tried temporarily disabling SELinux with setenforce 0 but that makes
no difference.

Any ideas?