cmake support

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 2 07:25:23 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 02:08:43PM +0100, Patrick Valsecchi wrote:
> >>I was trying to build the latest from subsurface using cmake and it fails.
> >>Looks like the code now requires Qt5 and the CMakeLists.txt wants Qt4. There
> >>is a variable at the top that can be changed to make it use Qt5, but this is
> >>broken.
> >>
> >>So, i was wondering...
> >>
> >>1) Is cmake support dropped?
> >cmake is only used for unit tests.
>
> Why?

Anton's answer was only partly correct. At some point cmake was actually
able to build Subsurface. I added the cmake files because Tomaz wanted to
use that for the unit tests, but at this point no one is maintaining the
cmake infrastructure.

I have no interest in using it, my whole CI system is based around our
qmake based setup. I'll happily take patches (that don't break anything
else).

> >>2) Is Qt4 support dropped?
> >Jupp. Qt5 is the future<tm> =)
>
> OK, dropping support for Qt4 in cmake
>

> >>3) Is anybody interested by a patch to make cmake work again and with Qt5?
> >>
> >>I'm interested by cmake because the editor I want to try (CLion) uses cmake
> >>as project definition.
> >>
> >Hmm... I don't know if that will fill your case, because the cmake stuff
> >is only used for unit tests, and i don't know in which state they are.
> >Sure, you can probably use them to load the unit tests and the tested
> >code into your editor but that won't make you a app...
> >
> My modified version of the CMakeLists.txt works fine for compiling tests and
> the app.

Cool. Please send a patch.