Extra text box for user comments in FB dialog

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 2 07:45:05 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 04:30:31PM +0100, Robert Helling wrote:

> > On 02.02.2015, at 16:27, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >

> > Why?
> >
> > You can simply edit the text box that's there.
>
> Yes, you can. And then you check the box with the depth and your edits
> are gone. I fell in that trap when I first used it: I started typing and
> then check boxes and got annoyed that my text was gone.

Hehe. Oops.

> Ideally, you could edit and check things in any order.

How would that work. If I edit the notes and then uncheck the notes, what
should this do?

> Maybe we leave this for now and instead of checkboxes later do some drag
> and drop like for the cvs fields?

I think what we have now serves 99% of the need. Once someone makes that
mistake once and curses us, they'll figure it out. Maybe after 4.4 we can
add an explanation "Please first select all the elements you want to
include; after that you can edit the final text in the text box".

But this is not a key part of our UI. There are many other areas that need
work far more urgently.