creating an FAQ

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 2 08:21:06 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 06:15:38PM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
> I think we will need to modify the following question, at least the
> question warrants explanation of the standard case before the caveats:
>
> Q: How can I load pictures and associate them with my dive?
>
> Select the dives you want to load and associate the pictures with. Then
> right click on one of the selected dives and select "Load images" from the
> popup menu. This will bring in a file selection dialog where you can select
> one or multiple pictures. When the selection is done and you hit Open, you
> get a new dialog where you can shift the times of the images. This is
> described in more detail in our user manual.
>
> If you are having trouble with loading the images, check that you have at
> least one of the following tags in the Exif headers DateTimeOriginal or
> DateTime. We take the time from these fields to detect if the image was
> shot during the dive or not. If the picture is edited, you should store the
> original Exif information on the new/edited image for it to be loaded
> properly.

Excellent. Much better. I edited the FAQ on the website accordingly.

And to make it easier to maintain this and to allow people to send patches
and to allow for translations... I'll add the FAQ to the sources.

To make my life easier I'll add them with markup (sorry), but this should
be fairly obvious how it works.