Import problems with Cobalt 2 on Fedora 21

Matt Thompson mathomp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:35:11 PST 2015

That was it.  I used the rule that Jef posted with the exception of
the group and permissions.  I created a file in /etc/udev/rules.d
called 99-cobalt.rules.  That file contains:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0471", ATTR{idProduct}=="0888",
MODE="0660", GROUP="dialout"

My user account was already a member of the dialout group.  I did not
have a plugdev group on my system so I went with dialout since that
was the group /dev/ttyS3 belonged to already.

I guess I must have done something similar on my old system at some
point but must have forgotten about it.  I wish I understood why it
worked as a root user without the udev rule but I'll leave mastering
udev for when I have a free year.

Thanks again for the pointers.

-Matt