Subsurface 4.4 fails to run

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Feb 4 11:04:29 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 07:46:00PM +0100, Krzysztof Arentowicz wrote:
> >> karent at cube ~ $ ldd /usr/bin/subsurface
> >> 	libssrfmarblewidget.so.19 => /usr/local/lib/libssrfmarblewidget.so.19 (0x00007f04face5000)
> >
> > and this is the library that came from the new package?
> >

> Upgrading subsurface did not trigger upgrade of any other packages...
> I did not install any betas on this PC, so I was upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4

I really wish you had tested the betas.

No, we don't trigger other packages, we include this library in our
package. This works fine on Ubuntu and Debian Jessie. And it seemed to
work with 4.3. I'm not clear what is different with the 4.4 package.

> > Hmm. No idea.
> >
> > I already see quite a few people connect to the updatecheck who are
> > running the 4.4 package on Ubuntu trusty... so I'm not quite sure what's
> > different on LinuxMint. I'll try to debug this in the next few days.
>
> Look like it is I that will have to look into this...
> I installed Subsurface 4.4 on a fresh Linux Mint 17 running in VM and well...it works. Which is definitely good news.

Yes.

> Which reminded me I'm using git version of libssrfmarblewidget looks like this is causing some problems.
> I tried to recompile v4.4 but things did not improve.
> I will look into this some time later but I'm glad this is just problem on my machine and not affecting all users.

Agreed. My wild guess would be that for some reason upgrading to 4.4 did
not update the libssrfmarblewidget.so
I don't have access to a LinuxMint system right now, so I'll need to look
at this when I'm back at home. If you have time to investigate, that would
be quite appreciated.