GSoC 2015

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Feb 4 11:33:53 PST 2015

On 04/02/2015 21:01, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> So here are some ideas that I have seen...
>
> - more flexible print formatting
>    Something template based that the user can modify
>
> - unit testing
>    We have a start, but this needs a lot more work
>
> - asset management
>    Ability to manage all the equipment that a diver has with them on a
>    dive, including grouping, tracking weights, etc
>
> - more work on the Android full Subsurface
>    Implement useful dialogs with QML or QtWidgets. NOT build a new UI, but
>    tune the existing UI to be more Android/touch friendly
>
> - adding integration with more online logbooks
>    There are several more out there that have an API
>

> What else?
>
> /D
I have been using the HTML dive log export quite a lot lately to have my
log handy on my phone when dive companies want to see my log. It is a
really useful tool but it still needs lots of development. For starters
it currently never gives the max depth of a dive. The basic dive list
should contain the max depth and dive duration, the temperatures
(currently shown) are less important. The presentation of the dive
profile is totally inconsistent. Sometimes it gives the pressure of the
cylinder, other times not, I think only when the cylinder pressure is
measured my a transmitter. This is not very useful for the bulk of the
recreational folk. I really think there is a useful place for this tool
and it would really be to the advantage of all users if it could receive
some concerted attention, not just piecemeal fixes.
Kind regards,
willem