Subsurface 4.4 fails to run

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed Feb 4 14:25:28 PST 2015

On 04 February, 2015 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> > > and this is the library that came from the new package?
> > >

> > Upgrading subsurface did not trigger upgrade of any other packages...
> > I did not install any betas on this PC, so I was upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4
>
> I really wish you had tested the betas.
>
> No, we don't trigger other packages, we include this library in our
> package. This works fine on Ubuntu and Debian Jessie. And it seemed to
> work with 4.3. I'm not clear what is different with the 4.4 package.

I've disected the subsurface_4.4.0-3~trusty_amd64.deb and there is no
/usr/local/lib/libssrfmarblewidget.so.19 in there, there in /usr/lib.

Please run:
dpkg -S /usr/local/lib/libssrfmarblewidget.so.19 and it will tell you
from which package, if any that library came from.

You can verify that you have a library in
/usr/lib/libssrfmarblewidget.so.19 and if so, delete the one in
/usr/local and the build will probably run just fine.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604