RFC: Suunto Vyper Air configuration

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Fri Feb 6 11:54:34 PST 2015

On 06 February, 2015 - Jef Driesen wrote:

> On 2015-02-06 14:49, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
> >Currently, we are able to configure Suunto Vyper family with sample
> >rates of 10, 20, 30 or 60 per seconds.
> >The problem is that the Suunto Vyper Air is also able to set the
> >sample rate to 1 per second.
>
> The Vyper and Vyper Air belong to two different families, with a completely
> different communication protocol. I believe the subsurface configuration
> feature does support the vyper family only. So this is not really an issue
> today.

Jepp. If someone knows how, and could produce some reliable data on how
to configure those newer Suunto's, I for one would love to see such
code.

I haven't seen anyone doing some configuration of those devices...

//Anton

OT: Shearwater at least have a startup text that you can change from
there desktop software. Don't know if there protocol could change
anything else but that and the firmware. At least those two features
would be awesome if we could support. One could always hope for
documentation to implement those features =)

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604