CCR mode and our implementation of the setpoint

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Feb 6 15:06:58 PST 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 2:55 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On my phone.
> We should just add our own event and not abuse the existing event.
> Actually, have to events
> Divemodechange and Setpointchange
> That way setpoint of 0 is no longer ambiguous

Quite frankly, wouldn't it be nicer to just make CCR be about which
*cylinder* you are breathing, making the "dive mode" change be just a
cylinder change event.

.. and basically add a "CCR vs OC" to the cylinder information.  And
we already track everywhere what the active cylinder is, so looking up
"what's the dive mode right now" is just a question of looking at the
state of the active cylinder.

Don't we want to do do that anyway for other reasons? I thought people
wanted to track their O2 and diluent gas use anyway...

                            Linus