CCR mode and our implementation of the setpoint

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Feb 6 21:08:01 PST 2015

On 06/02/2015 23:54, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> Robert, Willem, you have spent more time with the code than I have. What
> am I missing?
>
> /D
>

> ___
As far as the dive logging of CCR dives is concerned, all the
information is kept in the sample structures (for the moment, forget
about the plot_info structure that only lives when a dive is being
displayed on-screen). The setpoint information is kept in the
sample.setpoint member. Particularly near the start and the end of a
dive, the setpoint values may change quite a bit, but a SAMPLE_EVENT_PO2
is not triggered, as far as I am aware due to these changes in setpoint.
Specifically for the Poseidon, as far as I am aware, there is also not
an event in the dive log that indicates change in setpoint. There are
all sorts of other events. My perception is that, for logging purposes,
the setpoint is is just recorded on a sample-by-sample basis just as po2
for any of the o2 sensors. So maybe with respect to CCR, it is only the
planner that uses the SAMPLE_EVENT_PO2 event.

The solution is clear, if the SAMPLE_EVENT_PO2 is ambiguous, then a new
event type is required.

The Galileo has an po2-warning event. In general I would prefer not to
make a list of DCs that have po2-warning-events because then the code
has to deal with exceptional cases all the time, something that I dislike.
Kind regards,
willem