F-Secure blocking Subsurface

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 8 08:28:33 PST 2015

On February 8, 2015 8:21:31 AM Benjamin <nystire at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know that. You know that. The average user still clicks on whatever
> dialog box gets displayed on their monitor. Especially if it is scary, red
> and says "Warning".

Of course. It's just that there is nothing I can do. You cannot submit
false positive reports unless you are a customer of these extortion
rackets. I don't have a windows machine that I actually use for anything
but the occasional quick test in a VM, and I sure as heck don't pay for any
of that anti virus crap, so I cannot fix the problem. Which means we need
to get the people who experience this to submit it to their vendor.

That's all I was trying to say.