F-Secure blocking Subsurface

Benjamin nystire at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 08:29:13 PST 2015

On 8 Feb 2015 18:28, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On February 8, 2015 8:21:31 AM Benjamin <nystire at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I know that. You know that. The average user still clicks on whatever
>> dialog box gets displayed on their monitor. Especially if it is scary,
red
>> and says "Warning".
>

> Of course. It's just that there is nothing I can do. You cannot submit
false positive reports unless you are a customer of these extortion
rackets. I don't have a windows machine that I actually use for anything
but the occasional quick test in a VM, and I sure as heck don't pay for any
of that anti virus crap, so I cannot fix the problem. Which means we need
to get the people who experience this to submit it to their vendor.

> That's all I was trying to say.
>
> /D

Reported from a work machine :)