Request For Comments - Undo/Redo framework

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Feb 11 08:20:04 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 11:05:02AM +0300, Grace Karanja wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 7:32 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > I never used Undo / Redo framework before, but why didn't you used the
> > QUndoGroup / QUndoCommand / QUndoStack classes and created your own?
>
> Now the attached patches use QUndoStack and QUndoCommand.

Nice - I haven't looked at what that framework has to offer - I guess I
need to investigate that :-)
A quick reading of the overview doc seems to indicate this is quite
useful. It does seem to implement an unlimited undo buffer, though...

I played around with your patches a bit and they seem to work really well.
Subsurface behaves just as one might expect, doing the right thing about
disabling the menu, showing the correct operations, etc.

Very nicely done.

Thanks!