Editing sites of existing dives

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 14 07:05:21 PST 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 11:55:51AM +0200, Benjamin wrote:
> On the latest master, I noticed that a few dive sites appear to have been
> merged. Could this be due to their GPS coordinates being within a given
> distance (about 500 metres) of each other?

I'm not 100% sure :-)

I /think/ they should only be merged if the GPS is identical (distance 0)

Can you send a before and after XML file that shows the problem?

> Also, When trying to edit the sites in order to get the location
> names/coordinates back, Subsurface changes the site to which the dive was
> associated, causing all the other dives which were merged with that site to
> be change.

Correct. We are missing a UI that says "turn this into a new dive site".
As I said in my announcement, there are a bunch of features missing.

> The only way I could set the sites properly was to manually edit
> the XML file and set the divesiteid tag after creating a new site from
> inside Subsurface.

Not good. I'd love a small XML file that show the problem, plus your ideas
how the UI should work that allows you to add a new dive site for an
existing dive that already has a dive site associated with it.

Thanks