Dive site tags [was: IMPORTANT information about current master: dive site management]

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 10:27:31 PST 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 03:56:40PM +0100, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
>
> > The XML looks very clean and readable as well.  I like that you chose an
> > uuid as identifier, and that you kept the features at a minimum as the
> > first implementation.
>
> So much praise... I'm waiting for the "but..."
> :-)

What I wonder is, how come the repetitive dive sites on my log were
discarded on the conversion, but others have not noticed this? (What
happened to my patch to this issue?)

Well, I have not played with this much nor have I seen it with the map (I
do not com

> How about adding tags to dive sites?  And use that when importing:  add
> > country and location as tags.  So I would end up with 'Långban' as site
> > name, and [Sweden] [Värmland] as tags.  That would be awesome (as
> > someone I know would say ;) ).
>
> Uhhh, I like that idea. Awesome.
>
> Let's do that.

This will probably have to use a couple of characters as tag separator (on
initial import) as there might be quite a few of them used. I am not sure
but I am quite certain that different importers use different characters.
If we want to have one parts as a dive site and other parts as tags, that
might a bit tricky. The order might either start or end with the site
name...

miika