Dive site tags [was: IMPORTANT information about current master: dive site management]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 14 10:50:00 PST 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 08:27:31PM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 03:56:40PM +0100, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> >
> > > The XML looks very clean and readable as well.  I like that you chose an
> > > uuid as identifier, and that you kept the features at a minimum as the
> > > first implementation.
> >
> > So much praise... I'm waiting for the "but..."
> > :-)
> >

> What I wonder is, how come the repetitive dive sites on my log were
> discarded on the conversion, but others have not noticed this? (What
> happened to my patch to this issue?)

Just saw that my response was stuck in my outbox.
I /think/ the patch is redundant. But maybe I'm missing something.
Can you send me the V2 file that triggers the misbehavior?

> Well, I have not played with this much nor have I seen it with the map (I
> do not com

I could be wrong, but it sounds like this is missing part of the email :-)

> > How about adding tags to dive sites?  And use that when importing:  add
> > > country and location as tags.  So I would end up with 'Långban' as site
> > > name, and [Sweden] [Värmland] as tags.  That would be awesome (as
> > > someone I know would say ;) ).
> >
> > Uhhh, I like that idea. Awesome.
> >
> > Let's do that.
>
> This will probably have to use a couple of characters as tag separator (on
> initial import) as there might be quite a few of them used. I am not sure
> but I am quite certain that different importers use different characters.
> If we want to have one parts as a dive site and other parts as tags, that
> might a bit tricky. The order might either start or end with the site
> name...

Yeah, as I said, there's NO WAY we'll get this right. All we can do is try
to get close. Worst case we could write a little tool that literally asks
which is which on first import... actually, come to think of... a little
UI like that wouldn't be all that hard to do and could be really useful