Subsurface dive planner - List of findings

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 23:56:37 PST 2015

> On 14 Feb 2015, at 21:37, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Robert,
> Hello All,
>
> example files plus description...
>>

>>> What happens on my side is the following:
>>> - I select a "real" dive in my logbook where I only used one gas EAN32
>>
>> Could you send that dive as well? I cannot  reproduce this without.
> Please see Dive2.xml

As expected, your computer have 6 defined gases and one used (EAN32), all gets added to the dive when you download it to Subsurface.
If you set the gas to “disabled” before the dive it will not be aded upon download. (I have the same issue ‘cause I’m a bit lazy.)

When you then start the planner it will be initialized with the active gas from the parent dive, in this case EAN32.
But it will select the “best” gasmix in the gaslist for the deco calculations. The problem here is that what’s in the gaslist is not reflected in the list of "Available gases".
In order for you to see all gases you have to add to the list of “Available gases”, the new objects will be populated with the data for the gas mixes that your parent dive contained.
Once you have populated the “Available gaslist” you can remove the offending gas mixes.

> Viele Grüße
> Stefan
>
> --
> Stefan Fuchs