[Dive site management] Actual issues

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 01:56:23 PST 2015

Hi.

Import from xml-v2 worked fine. No data loss at all.

I know it's a bit soon as the change is very hot yet,  but I've realized
these weirdneses while testing, on git - 2bd0198, debian unstable, 32b
machine:

- Input of a new dive site *must* be done on Notes tab  (not in manage) or
it won't be saved.

- The new site *must* be saved (from dive editing/notes tab) in order to be
able to edit in manage tab (this include adding coordinates).

- If the new dive is saved without a name (e.g.  you download the data,
save them, and try to go to "manage" to add the dive site name and GPS),
manage tab, apparents to work, but on saving, you get no dive site data.
This is valid too if you simply try to add the dive site name in the Notes
tab after saving the dive without dive point name.

So actual work flow for entering data would be:

Download/add dive data -> Name dive site in Notes/Add tab ->  Save  ->  Go
to manage tab ->  Add coordinates, comments, etc. -> Save

It seems to me a bit unintuitive.

Regards.

Salva.