Dive site tags [was: IMPORTANT information about current master: dive site management]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 15 07:17:56 PST 2015

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 03:43:25PM +0100, Davide DB wrote:
> IMHO tags is the wrong way.
>
> Tags are not made for taxonomy.
> Do you know how many country and places wr could have? Too many and the
> multifilter tags widget would be unusable with countries and region spread
> alphabetically through tags.
> Locations should be filtered separately

That's an interesting argument. So I have recorded dives in ten countries.
A professional underwater photographer might get a lot more than that.

With the source attribute to tags we could dynamically create filters for
those sources that the user wants.

So basically, we can get you your taxonomy. We just use tagged tags to
implement it in order to create the flexibility that I want there.