Dive site tags [was: IMPORTANT information about current master: dive site management]

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 11:01:27 PST 2015

On 15 February 2015 at 20:36, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> There are three major providers of these reverse lookup services.
> Google has a very low max usage count per IP address per day unless you
> pay. So for a prolific diver (or someone who tests this a couple of times)
> it would be very easy to run into that limit. Bing has a more reasonable
> limit (I think 30k requests a day) so that would be an alternative.
> Openstreenmap through MapQuest doesn't appear to have a firm limit, that's
> why I picked them, but it's possible that the quality of their data isn't
> as good.

just tried this @ openstreetmap via HTTP:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim
(under Reverse Geocoding)

but they state that a limit is imposed "No heavy uses (an absolute
maximum of 1 request/s)".

on that same wiki page they say that this as an alternative has no
bandwidth limit:
http://open.mapquestapi.com/nominatim/

lubomir