Build issues

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 15 11:01:33 PST 2015

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 08:55:07PM +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 15 February 2015 at 20:51, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 10:41:37AM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >>
> >> But I'll create a windows installer for you and put it somewhere. Give me
> >> a few minutes
> >
> > Heh. Easier said than done.
> >
> > Windows doesn't build right now since Linus used mkdir() - he had a
> > comment there to that effect. Lubomir, can you help with a clean wrapper
> > for that? Like a subsurface_mkdir()...?
>
> just sent a patch that fixes that (part of series of 5).

OK, I'll look into that series. Thanks.

> > Also with the new write-version thingy... the first time I run make, I get
> > something weird like "sh: Syntax error, unexpected end of line in line:1"
> > Starting the make again works. Any idea what's up with that?
>
> can't seem to reproduce it...let me look into it again.
> Thiago said that it works for him (under Linux i assume).

I had this happen on Linux both native and cross building for Windows. But
only the first time I try it. Haven't done a clean checkout and tried
again.

I just ran into another problem. You removed a ton of stuff from
subsurface-install.pri that was used to set up the versions. You ignored
the fact that the variables used in that process are reused later in that
file both for Windows and Mac builds... So this all needs to be redesigned
in order to make sure that this data is now assembled at make time
(instead of at qmake time).

Right now this prevents me from doing my usual Windows and Mac builds :-(