Build issues dive site management]

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Feb 15 11:10:48 PST 2015

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 February 2015 at 20:51, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
>> Also with the new write-version thingy... the first time I run make, I get
>> something weird like "sh: Syntax error, unexpected end of line in line:1"
>> Starting the make again works. Any idea what's up with that?
>>

> can't seem to reproduce it...let me look into it again.
> Thiago said that it works for him (under Linux i assume).

It's broken for me too. The generated Makefile is broken, and looks like this:

   compiler_version_h_make_all: ssrf-version.h
   compiler_version_h_clean:
          -$(DEL_FILE) ssrf-version.h
   ssrf-version.h: . \
                   FORCE
           @echo Checking /home/torvalds/src/subsurface/ssrf-version.h &&

   compiler_TSQM_make_all: translations/subsurface_source.qm
translations/subsurface_bg_BG.qm translations/subsurface_cs.q$

Note how it's just cut off after the "@echo ... &&" line

                       Linus