Merging Dives (P.S. -- multiple email addresses)

Steve Butler kg7je at comcast.net
Sun Feb 15 15:06:48 PST 2015

My wife's DC recorded 4 separate dives (pool work for her Rescue Diver
class) on Sunday Jan 29th.  She wanted them all merged into a single dive.

Her version of Subsurface will merge only 2 dives and then stops
merging.  v4.3.0.0  Once she merges the Dives 1&2 from the 29th it won't
let her merge any more.  Not even the 2 pool dives (make up work) from
Thursday Feb 5th.

I haven't stayed up with the current master but do have v4.4.0-67.
Created a new log book and started downloading from her DC. Cancelled
after a bit (didn't want all her dives) and selected just the 4 dives
from Jan 29th and the 2 from Feb 5th.  Attached as Wanita1.xml.

I was able to merge the two dives from Feb 5th and then able to merge
dives 3&4 from Jan 29th (working from most recent to oldest -- if I
start with the oldest I can only merge the first two dives on Jan 29th
and nothing more).

After renumbering the dives, saving out as Wanita2.xml and opening it
back up I was only able to merge dive 2 into the merger of original
dives 3/4.  Could not get dive 1 included.  Attached as Wanita3.xml

Note:  Both of us tried to highlight all 4 dives and merge them in one
pass but it only merged the first two and then stopped merging.

Questions:
1.  Should we be able to merge more than two dives in a single pass?
2.  Why do we have to renumber/save/close/open to get the second merge
to work when working from oldest to newest (but not when working newest
to oldest)?  [my version].
3.  Should we be doing something else?  [I do need to go prune the grape
vines.]

--Steve

PS  Can my account have more than one email address?  Try as I do, my
Ubuntu box and my phone don't seem to agree on which mail box emails are
sent from.  I suspect the one from my phone hangs up until the moderator
releases it.

The phone email comes from kg7je at comcast.net
Thunderbird claims this email is from kg7je at comcast.net with a reply-to
of kg7je at arrl.net
I think I registered with kg7je at arrl.net

Now I'm confused -- but if I could have both addresses I'm sure the
phone emails won't hang waiting for the moderator.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
kg7je at comcast.net
kg7je at arrl.net