Dive site tags

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 04:43:00 PST 2015

I played a bit with the doomsday device compiled for me by Dirk.
Well it didn't eat my cats :)

All dives where imported and it found all the duplicates so now one
dive location edit is applied to all other dives.
The strange things is that I got very poor results from reverse
geocoding with or without GPS coordinates.
At maximum I got the correct countrytag. I tried by myself with the
MapQuest service getting the same poor results.
e.g.

Isola di Ponza - LST 349
40°55'46.002"N 12°57'50.962"E

I just get Italy.

The same for all my GPS coordinates in Giannutri island:
e.g.

42°15'40.615"N 11°06'23.839"E
42°15'40.727"N 11°06'18.518"E
42°15'49.910"N 11°06'32.681"E
42°15'14.882"N 11°05'27.827"E

The import process merged two divesite with the same coords and added
the removed old name to the notes.
Nice!

Anyway I don't want to point out to current experimental bugs.

The new feature is really challenging for the UI point of view. Now we
have few inconsistencies. I know that the current impl is just a
mockup. I write them down as remainders:

- I can edit the Location on the main Notes tab (but modification are
not saved) so I think this should become just a label.
- Right now pressing "manage" button brings to me in a new panel with
extra info. Once there I'm in edit mode but those "description" and
"notes" texboxes are visible only there.
So basically to see a dive site description I have to edit it.

My suggestion would be that all extra fields contained into manage
panel should be shown in a proper tab like notes, equipment... In this
regard the Info tab is a good candidate for a main reengineering. I
wouldn't like having another view just to browse my dive spots.

Now that I saw how it works I hope to have some spare time in the
afternoon/night to draw some wireframes following use cases I wrote
yesterday.

See you later

--
Davide