Suunto DM5 import to subsurface

Mika Tanninen Mika at Tanninen.net
Tue Feb 17 08:34:17 PST 2015

Thank you for informing to use open instead of import. I managed to open the
logs now.

Sadly the windows build seems to be quite unstable at least in my computer.
For example:
* Every time I toggle the graph options (like "Toggle calculating all
tissues") or save settings (from imperial to metric for example) the program
seems to hang. I can't reproduce this on OSX, so I am assuming some kind of
glitch on the installation or in the windows port.
* If I open my dm4.db and save it as "test" and then try to open that
test.ssrf I get error "Failed to parse".

Very interesting project you have going on. Keep up the good work.
I will promise to give Subsurface another try in the near future, but for
now it seems like I will stay with Suunto DM5 for now.

Oh, and feel free to use my dm4.db for debugging purposes in the future, if
needed.

-- Mika Tanninen
   gsm: +356 7 9996665 / +358 41 5055831
 email: Mika at Tanninen.net
   www: http://mika.tanninen.net
 skype: MikaTanninen

From: Martin de Weger [mailto:martin at reef-it.nl]
Sent: 17. helmikuuta 2015 16:05
To: Miika Turkia
Subject: Re: Suunto DM5 import to subsurface

On my Mac this worked like a charm as well. You do have to make sure DM5 has
been closed.

Martin de Weger

Op 17 feb. 2015, om 15:47 heeft Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> het
volgende geschreven:

Works like a charm on my Linux box with Subsurface v4.4.0-67. Cylinder
pressures seem to require a bit of improvements, but otherwise this file
opened up in less than a second. However, you need to OPEN it, not import.
(When attempting to import, it hangs on me as well.)
miika